Thursday, April 29, 2010

IV Lidocaine Infusion

Continuing with the Savella without much side-effect. I went to the Pain Clinic today and they are recommending that I begin Lidocaine IV Infusions and Vitamin IV Infusions. I will begin with the Lidocaine IV Infusions for chronic pain by the 5th of May and if all goes well I will then have both infusions done on the same day beginning in June. The recommendation is to have Lidocaine IV Infusions every week to ten days. If I respond with minimal side-effects, I can slowly decrease to once per month. My follow-up appointment with the pain clinic is the end of May. The Pain Clinic will take over all the opiate prescribing, along with the IV Infusions, and move me to a titration of the OxyContin/Oxycodone HCI ER to reduce the Percocet/APAP-Oxycodone HCL intake. Basically, that means eliminating the Percocet and increase the OxyContin/Oxycodone extended relief medication. I am hopeful that I can tolerate the IV Infusions without consequence. Here is a link for more information on the IV Infusions. Take care and I will post more once I have more information to share. Thanks for listening and I hope that this may help you if you are also considering this method of pain control as well.

No comments: