Sunday, August 9, 2009

Car Accident - No Stress

Unfortunately, my family and I were involved in a car accident yesterday. I was transported to the hospital by ambulance because of neck pain and lower back pain and spasms in my middle back. We were being precautionary because of my Lupus. We were there for about three hours initially and everything checked out well except for the typical muscle pains, etc. We were home for a couple of hours and the emergency room doctor called to tell me that I needed to go back to the hospital. The x-ray showed a possible break in my C2 vertebrae. We went back and they took me straight to have a Cat Scan. Luckily, it was a malformation of my C2 because it is just the way that it has grown; I had visible arthritis, but no break. I was able to go home. The increased/additional pain of my neck and back are discouraging, but I have no complaints. My family is fine and my car did exactly what it was suppose to do and that was crumple in. The other person's large van was totaled. He ran into us going about 35-50 MPH while we were stopped. He had gone into a severe diabetic crash and actually registered a 47 sugar level and he required immediate attention. Thank God we will all be o.k. in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I am trying to keep the stress and pain levels down so not to flare up the Lupus. All-in-all everything is good!

No comments: