Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me! & Thank You

I am very happy to have celebrated my 42nd birthday with my family today. Thank you my wonderful husband for making me feel so special and taking great care of me. He gave me the best muscle and back massage that I have had in some time. It has prompted me to get out my doctors prescription for Physical Therapy and get that started soon. I received phone calls from my two daughters that are in college wishing me a happy Birthday. This birthday is rather bitter sweet. It marks one year that we have been fighting Lupus as a family. The year has been one of the most difficult years in my adult life. I have lost a lot this year and gained a lot along the way. One thing that I never take for granted is my sweet husband, whom loves me completely. That is the best present ever. I know that he is committed to me, to battling this together, and always making it clear to me that I am never on this walk alone. I thank him for that and I thank my beautiful daughters for their unconditional love that they show me. I couldn't be in better hands and I couldn't have a better support system without each one of them. I also want to thank my brother who constantly calls me and gives me a reason to be thankful. I am thankful that he is in my life.
So, on my 42nd birthday, I have many things to be thankful for and I happen to have "FIVE" brave people that are also living the struggle with me for over this past year. I could never have made it without you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so patient, loving, kind, and caring as we have been dealing with the daily struggles of Lupus and my other overlapping diseases. You truly are the best and I thank God for each one of you individually in my prayers. You are my reason for being and I will fight this fight for myself as well as each and every one of you...you are my reason for fighting this disease and you know I will go out kicking and screaming.

No comments: