Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Phase 2 Clinical Trial for Lupus

I may have just received a late birthday present! I had mentioned that I sent a letter of interest to be part of a Lupus trial a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, they didn't have a site in Oregon. I was notified today that the Seattle, WA site will be contacting me in a week or two. I am excited to do my part in trying to find a cure or reasonable treatment for Systemic Lupus (SLE). I am more than willing to use myself as a source of experiment to further the study of this disease. This study is to evaluate safety and tolerability of subcutaneous doses of MEDI-545 in subjects with Lupus. I will keep my fingers crossed that I meet their criteria and am a successful candidate. In looking over their criteria, I do meet all their requirements. If you are interested in reading more about the study you can link to - Medarex Announces Initiation Of Phase 2 Clinical Development Program For The Treatment Of Lupus:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/118061.php
~ I am hopeful.

No comments: