Friday, August 14, 2009

Still Recuperating

Today has been one full week since the car accident. I am very happy that there wasn't more damage to ourselves than the usual bruises and aches. However, I woke this morning with a rash all over my upper body. This is my first large rash in over a month. Some of the pain has began to dissipate and now have become more localized in certain areas. I have been trying to make an asserted effort to not let the accident impact me emotionally. However, worrying about aches and pains of my family members is stressful. I am completely angry about the accident, but am mixed because we really came through it well. I continue to count my blessings. I am still fighting a couple of infections and my body is pretty weak. My breathing is shallower and I am hopeful that the water around my heart has started to subside. I have had an increase in swelling in my feet, ankles, and knees. I will see my doctor on Monday for a complete follow-up from the accident and see what to do next for my issues with my C2 vertebrae, right shoulder, right leg, and base of the head pain. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that I am reacting positively to these horrible antibiotics. More to come after Monday. Take care everyone and in everything you do...do it safely.

No comments: